Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Goal

So my dream and goal that I would like to be at in 20 years is a sports writer for the Dallas Morning News covering NBA basketball and the Dallas Mavericks. Now I am sure in 20 years that newspapers will be a thing of the past so whatever a journalist does (online things) that is what I want to be doing. I grew up playing basketball and I love the NBA over any sport in the world. I also want to cover the Dallas Mavericks because I am from Dallas so I am a home town kid. I would be close to all my family and I love Dallas it would be a great place to raise a family. In my personal life I hope to be happily married in 20 years to a hot wife and have a couple of kids.

In ten years I see myself still working up the ladder to become a solid journalist. By the time I am 32 I see myself working in the middle of the pack in the newsroom. Covering smaller sports such as high school and college basketball games. Honestly I do not see myself at the Dallas Morning News yet. I see myself working for a mid size organization, like the Fort Worth Star Telegram or something of that nature. By the time I am 32 I would like to be already married and have at least one of my two kids. I hope to make a solid wage so I can support my wife and we can live in a nice home in a nice neighborhood so we can begin to start to raise our children.

By this time next year I will have been graduated from OU for about six months. I really hope that the economy is better by then and that I have just gotten my foot in the door. I see myself doing one of two things, interning at a medium size organization which could possibly lead to a job or I could see myself writing for a small circulation paper cover local sports like middle school and high school type games. In my personal life I see myself back at home living with my parents for a while so I can save up enough money to get my own place.

This is my goal for the future. I really do hope it goes the way I picture it in my mind. Still everyday is a different and who knows what tomorrow holds for me. Hopefully my goal I have wanted all my life will come true... I will walk around the corner and trip and fall into a pile of money and not have to work a day for the rest of my life. Since I don't see that happening a my other dream as a sports writer will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment